Diane’s latest treatment for pain and soft tissue injuries is clinically proven for faster and better outcomes.Vital Changes Acupuncture and Nutrition is proud to announce the release of an excellent new treatment called Graston Technique. This treatment method was initially developed by athletes and has been used by practitioners since 1994, mostly recognized in IASTM (Instrument Resisted Soft Tissue Mobilization). GT is a unique instrument-assisted soft tissue modality, which enables clinicians to effectively and efficiently address soft tissue lesions and fascial restrictions, which often results in improved patient outcomes.
The general goals of the therapy are to reduce the patient’s pain and increase function through a combination of:
- Breaking down the scar tissue and fascia restrictions that are usually associated with some form of trauma to the soft tissue (e.g., a strained muscle or a pulled ligament, tendon, or fascia).
- Reducing restrictions by stretching connective tissue in an attempt to rearrange the structure of the soft tissue being treated (e.g., muscle, fascia, tendons, ligaments).
- Promoting a better healing environment for the injured soft tissue.
GT is clinically proven for faster and better outcomes for acute and chronic conditions. Examples of these include:
- Carpal Tunnel
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Achilles Tendinitis
- Shin Splints
- Rotator Cuff Injuries
- Trigger Point Release
- Breakdown of Scar Tissue
Patient benefits from Graston Technique include:
- Decreased Treatment Time
- Faster Recovery/Rehab Time
- Decreased Need for Supplemental Anti-Inflammatories
- Complete Resolution of Stubborn Chronic Conditions
- Increased Range of Motion