Learn How You Can Treat Your Tendonitis
What is tendonitis?
It is inflammation of the fibrous tissue connecting a muscle to a bone. It is often accompanied by tenosynovitis which is inflammation of the tendon sheath. Tendons are not innervated and receive little or no blood flow. Thus they heal very slowly.
- Tennis elbow (tissue connecting the forearm to the outer elbow)
- Golfers elbow (tissue connecting the forearm to the inner elbow)
- Achilles tendon (tissue connecting the calf muscle to the heel)
- Patella tendon (connection of the knee cap to the shin bone)
- Wrist (tendons connecting the muscles to the bones on the wrist)
- De Quervian’s tenosynovitis (tendons of thumb side of the wrist)
- Shoulder (tendons of the rotator cuff where they attach onto the bones of the shoulder)
Symptoms often experienced:
- Pain/tenderness near or at the affected joint
- Repetitive motion
- Irregular use
Treatments that Diane uses to treat tendonitis:
Traditional Chinese Medicine: Herbal medicine to reduce inflammation and strengthen the tendons
Acupuncture: To decrease pain, strengthens the tendons, reduces inflammation and increases blood flow
Graston Technique: To reduce scar tissue, lengthening fascia, increasing blood flow and reducing inflammation
Cold Laser Therapy: To reduce inflammation, quickly heal tendons, increase blood flow and reduce pain
Kinesiotape: To support connective tissues, increase blood flow and inflammation
Contact Diane today with questions or concerns regarding treatments for your tendonitis at 619-808-1099.