Soothe Your Anxiety with Acupuncture
Do you frequently find yourself experiencing excessive worry about things you have no control over, such as the state of the world or your health or your family? If so, you are probably suffering from an Anxiety Disorder which can make life feel like a constant state of worry, fear and dread. Anxiety is considered to be the most common emotional complaint made by healthcare patients.
Symptoms of Anxiety may include:
1. Constantly worrying about everyday things
2. Having trouble relaxing
3. Difficulty falling asleep and/or staying asleep
4. Increased startle reflex
5. Feeling irritable and on edge
6. Having trouble concentrating
How does Acupuncture help Anxiety?
1. Decreases the Sympathetic nervous system “Fight or Flight” response and increases the Parasympathetic response which is the state of rest and relaxation
2. Promotes the flow of an energy through the body called Qi
3. Increases endorphins in the brain that promotes relaxation, decreases pain and reduces muscular tension
4. Reduces adrenaline and cortisol
One Study in 2015 found that anxious patients, who did not respond to psychotherapy or medications, experienced a significant reduction in their anxiety in as short a time as 12 weeks while receiving weekly acupuncture treatments. Results 10 weeks post-treatment were still significant.
Diane has 18 years of experience as a licensed Acupuncture Practitioner. Anxiety is a common complaint bringing patients to her. Schedule an appointment today.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.